Physical Infrastructure studies is a comprehensive picture of the existing economic conditions, physical characteristics both built up and natural, and assembly and appraisal of all the data to identify existing development trends and issues. RSM conducts these studies manually. Physical Infrastructure studies are useful to GIS-based development plans.
RSM conducts the following Physical infrastructure studies
- water supply and network data
- Electricity supply and network data
- sewerage system, telecommunication data
- solid waste treatment facilities data
- Social infrastructure data includes a hierarchy of facilities, their distribution, and accessibility of educational institutions, health facilities, parks and gardens, community facilities including cremation and burial grounds
- Transportation infrastructure includes road based, rail-based, air transport and networks. Circulation facilities include airport/railway stations, yards, and road transport terminals.
- Environment and Natural Resources includes forests, rivers, lakes and other water resources, coastal environment and protected areas, natural drainage areas and flooding areas, ravines, sanctuaries/bio-diversity areas, mining and quarrying, high valve natural scenic sites including the heritage
sites etc. related to environmental concerns.
- Built-up environment and land use: Spatial growth of the city, direction, and assessment of the rate of growth through studying land use change in the last two decades
- Socio-economic data includes economic base characteristics of various economic sectors(agriculture, animal husbandry, fisheries, industry, and tourism), employment, population, and demographic characteristics, etc. This also includes the study of commercial activities including retail and wholesale business, warehousing and godowns, and is, rural markets, etc.
- Places of tourist and heritage importance both natural and manmade including natural areas, fairs, and festivals, etc.
- Projects under implementation include the inventory of all infrastructure, housing, and real estate projects under construction.